Flewelling and Moody

Milliken Memorial Library

California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, California

Designed in 1965 and constructed in 1967, the building was funded by Seeley G. Mudd, a member of the Cal Tech board of trustees. The architectural character of the surrounding buildings reflected in the culminating arches in the highest story and the ground floor arcadIs which provide entrance on both sides of the north-south axis.

A one-story rotunda provides conference quarters and houses memorabilia and papers of Dr. Robert A. Millikan, for whom the library is named, a renowned physicist and chief administrative officer of Cal Tech from 1921 to 1946

Completed: 1967